Friday, February 27, 2015

Yes, We Have Snow!

IMG_4632
Weather reports are saying we were blessed with five inches. Drifts are even deeper. and flurries are still coming and going. Mari and Porche were suffering from severe cabin fever, so I had no choice but to bundle up and brave the cold, camera in hand. Or stuffed into the front of my jacket for protection until a photo op presented itself. So let me share with you what our world looks like right now.
IMG_4633 
IMG_4635
IMG_4636
This is the Wyoming cactus bed. No doubt they feel right at home under all this.
IMG_4637
IMG_4638
IMG_4640 
|IMG_4645 
IMG_4653 
My work bench is under the shed, but that didn’t stop the snow from covering it.
IMG_4651
IMG_4642
IMG_4643
As I was taking these shots, it was 10 degrees with wind chill that made it feel like –1 degree. It has actually warmed up now to 14 degrees and wind chill of just 2 degrees! I can’t imagine what it must feel like in places like North Dakota whose snow puts ours to shame. The sun is not out, but it is so bright out there right now that if I took another picture, the whiteness would overexpose the picture. The reflection off all that white is so much that it is not pleasant to look at it. Where did I leave my sunglasses?
IMG_4644 
Snow is snow, and yet every year I take more snow pictures. Because just like every snow flake is supposed to be unique, every snow fall creates a new world to save in pictures. And I always seem to be up to the task.

No comments: